Thursday, October 7, 2021

Sep2021 Finance update - Monthly Dividend/Interest received $8.6k Highest in 5 years

In the month of Sep, dividend/interest received is about SGD $8.6K hitting the highest level in last 5 years and Q32021 dividend/interest income total 24K.. Year to date dividend/interest income hit 60K with 3 more months to go. 

I sold off China Construction 3311.hk after it went up >30% but the gain was offset by a 35% loss in a recent HKSE IPO which I sold off. My mistake was that I deviated from my normal strategy on investing in only large cap dividend stock. I should never invest in this IPO and not cutting loss earlier. Well , mistake learnt not to speculate on something I don't know.

My YTD investment return including dividend received is around 9.06%. It was lower than last month despite the record dividend received. This was due to a market correction in Sep which hit global markets and especially hard on HKSE stocks. I picked up 2 new investment PingAn 2318.hk and Tainneng 819.hk during the HKSE market correction. They provide stable yield and have been a market leader in their respective industry  I also bought 2 new SGX Reits counters CLCT and Elite. Elite Reit is to replace Manulife which was sold off last month. 

As my cash holding increase substantially due to dividend received, I will probably add a few more counter or increase my stake in current portfolio during Oct. It is better to buy during a market crash to improve the yield on cost as a dividend investor.

Dividends received in Sep2021 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $3230

Interest received in Sep2021 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $716

Interest received in Sep2021 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $390

Realized gain/loss : USD 221

Dividends received in Sep2021  from SGX: SGD $3230

Interest received in Sep2021 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $201

SGX Realized gain/loss: -355

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market/retirement account + trading gain/loss generated in Aug2021 : SGD$ 9.1K

YTD Passive income earned from investment account only: SGD $60K

Investment Portfolio Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2021:



Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest  in Sep2021 :



Liquid Networth distribution: 



6 comments:

  1. Congrats !! "Monthly Dividend/Interest received $8.6k Highest in 5 years"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sir.. I learnt from you and AK71.. You guys are my inspiration and my virtual sifu.

      Delete
  2. First time to visit and I'm impressed by your YTD's 9% dividen yeild!

    It is great to see your YoY dividen growth (presumably due to more $ is saved and dividen reinvested) but it would be great to also show another bar chart with monthly yield (projected to yearly maybe?) so as to have a better view of the profolio's performance over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, and after a bit more reading, from "Year to date dividend/interest income hit 60K" and "My YTD investment return including dividend received is around 9.06%" that means the invested asset is 60k/0.0906=$662251.

    However in your June 4th post your "liquid networth (excluding properties/CPF) also continue to hit an all time high of >$1.92 millions", so could you shed some light on the gap here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, re-reading the post I think that 9% including capital gains, so dividen yeild is definitely lower. Also I noticed you hold 36% cash (or cash-equivalent Money Market Funds?). So the invested asset is actually 1.92MM*(1-0.36)==1228.8k. Thus the dividen yield is around 60k/1228k == 4.88%, which is pretty reasonable.

    This brought me to the next question, why holding such a huge portion in cash? Are you expecting a crash so as to buy the dips?

    Still, would be curious to see yoru normalized yiled bars :->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, My return is for my investment portfolio which does not include my cash holding. I do indeed hold a lot of cash because my current investment has already generated more than enough dividend/invest income for my expense. I have no good reason on why I am not fully invested. I can only say I am contend with my current investment income. I might not even buy on dip..

      Delete