Thursday, September 2, 2021

Aug2021 Finance update - Monthly Dividend/Interest received $7.6 k

In the month of Aug, dividend/interest received is about SGD $7.6K with 1.2k coming from the last Accordia distribution. I sold off China Power 2380.hk after it went up >50% and one of my bond holding Ingram Micro was redeemed. Both transactions ended up netting a gain of USD $7.34k. I bought China Power for its 8% dividend but for some reason , it went up sharply. The gain itself is like more than 6 years of dividend. Usually, I am a buy and hold long term investor. However, I realized that HKSE China counter even for a slow moving dividend stock could suddenly spike and then crash. As I wrote last week, my HKSE portfolio went from ytd 15% gain to current 0% in Jul. I did not take any action on a few counter which went up 50% like CNOOC and Sino Engr before crashing down in Jul. In view of that, I think it is a good idea to take some profit off these counters and buy them back at a lower price. On the hindsight, China power continue to go up another 30%. Well , I am a contented person so I am still satisfied with the 50% gain.  With both the dividend income and trading gain, my investment income hit $17.8k this month resulting in the best monthly return in the last 4 years. With the proceed, I  continue to increase my stake in current HKSE and LSE portfolio. My YTD investment return include dividend received is around 9.4%.

Dividends received in Aug2021 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1513.51

Interest received in Aug2021 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $721.36

Interest received in Aug2021 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $389

Realized gain/loss : USD 7338

Dividends received in Aug2021 from SGX: SGD $4425

Interest received in Aug2021 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $205

SGX Realized gain/loss: Nil

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market/retirement account + trading gain/loss generated in Aug2021 : SGD$ 17.8K

YTD Passive income earned from investment account only: SGD $51.3K

Investment Portfolio Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2021:

 


Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest  in Aug2021 :


Liquid Networth distribution: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment