Thursday, April 1, 2021

Mar2021 Finance update -Monthly Dividend/Interest received $8.5K. Q1-2021 total $18.1K

For the month of March, I have received the highest amount of monthly dividend/interest in the last 5 years after rebalancing my investment portfolio throughout 2020. It happened that most of my new counters have scheduled its dividend payment on March and September. It does feel like a bonus month after receiving $8.5k of dividend/interest. This tallies my Q12021 passive income to $18K which average to about 6k per month. My SGX counters contributed the bulk of my dividend  income in March. The strategy of my retirement planning as a fixed income/dividend investor is to ensure I received a regular monthly passive income from investment portfolio after I stopped working. My Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2021 has been showing consistent payout to meet my monthly expense.

My March portfolio also hit a new high of > $1.12 million with a 8.37% unrealized gain of 86k. As of Q1 2021, there is a $5.6K trading realized gain but I have also written off 37k of EHT earlier in the year after its bankruptcy. The current portfolio unrealized gain with the dividend received in Q1 sort of cushion that loss. It was a lesson learnt not to invest in low quality reit with unknown sponsor.      

In March, another $17500 of my bonds have been called. This resulted in an even lower percentage of bonds in my portfolio as seen in my liquid networth distribution chart below. As interest rate remain low, there is no opportunity in repurchasing any bond with reasonable yield to compensate for the risk. Instead I took some opportunity to increase my existing stakes in Prime reit and Cromwell reit to boost my monthly dividend. As Cromwell reit has put up a private placement with 10% discount, the share price dropped for me to repurchase another 15K shares . I also initiated a position in China State Construction 3311.hk to increase my HKSE dividend holding. As for the US market which is at record high, I only purchased 100 LUMN and moved all of my 2000 LUMN shares into an old IRA account to reduce my withholding tax.   

My liquid networth (excl properties/CPF) also continue hit an all time high of >$1.86 millions (3.11% M2M gain) due to my portfolio gain.

Dividends received in Mar2021 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1604.03

Interest received in Mar2021 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $981.2

Interest received in Mar2021 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $398

Realized gain/loss : USD $1577

Dividends received in Mar2021 from SGX: 4888

Interest received in Mar2021 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $201

SGX Realized gain/loss: NIL

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Mar2021: SGD$ 11.1K

YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $17492

Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest  in Mar2021 :

Liquid Networth distribution:


No comments:

Post a Comment