Thursday, March 4, 2021

Feb2021- Monthly Finance update -Dividend/Interest received $4.9K.

February is another exciting month for investor when the stock market hit new high earlier before a significant correction happened toward the last week of the month. As a fixed income/dividend investor, I am not too worry about the volatility and contend with my monthly 4.9K dividend/interest received. Both overseas market and my SGX counters contributed almost equally in term of dividend and interest income in February. 

My portfolio has been hitting record high daily for the first 3 weeks of Feb reaching >1.1 million but started dropping in the last week as market correction set in. However, it has little impacted so far as I have very minimum tech or growth stock. I took some opportunity to increase some existing stakes by about 10K to boost my monthly dividend. 

My liquid networth (excl properties/CPF) also continue hit an all time high of >$1.8 millions due to injection of salary/bonus + vested stock option. 
Whether you are a retiree or you just want to be financially independent, you need a strategy that should meet the following goals:

  1. Produce sufficiently income to meet basic needs.
  2. Preserve capital in bad times. 
Therefore, when I reviewed my monthly passive income for the last 4 years and the huge emergency fund built up, I am ready to retire and leave my job. However, I am still appreciative about the regular income that is coming from my current job.   As I am planning to cross the finish line toward retirement, every income boost will build a stronger buffet.

Dividends received in Feb2021 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1198.52

Interest received in Feb2021 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $856.46

Interest received in Feb2021 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $347

Realized gain/loss : USD 1888

Dividends received in Feb2021 from SGX: 1962

Interest received in Feb2021 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $200

SGX Realized gain/loss: SGD 1200

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Feb2021: SGD$ 9K

YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $9191

Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest  in Feb2021 :



Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2021:


Liquid Networth distribution:




No comments:

Post a Comment