Investment Portfolio valuation on 31st Dec: $1.023 million (gain 0.8%, +6.36% inclusive of dividend)
Dec 2020 Monthly Investment Portfolio Dividend/Interest received: $4.78K
FY2020 Investment Portfolio Dividend/Interest collected in 2020: $56K
FY2020 Total Realized and Unrealized gain/loss:-$43K (-2.88%, +1% inclusive of dividend)
FY2020 Total Realized gain/loss: -$52KMy dividend/interest received in 2020 help to cover my portfolio realized loss. Overall, I am sort of break even based on total Realized and Unrealized gain/loss. As an old economy investor , my portfolio consist mainly of dividend seeking Property(reit), O&G, and Finance(Euro) counters which did not fare too well in 2020. In the last few month, I have been doing a lot of portfolio rebalancing by selling almost all my high risk O&G MLP and low grade Reits counters which resulted in huge realized loss of 52k. In replacement, I have bought mostly large cap index stock from LSE and HKSE and some ETF from SGX which help to narrow losses in 2020. Overall transactions have resulted in >1/2 million of investment sold and bought which was quite a nerve racking experience. The entire 2020 pandemic crisis actually taught me a lesson to buy only quality company and not to chase after high yield. Hopefully, the new portfolio will be more resilient in 2021 even though I know that I still have some risky counters to trim.
One main positive in a dismal year of 2020, my liquid networth (excl properties/CPF) actually hit an all time high of >1.7 millions due to mainly salary injection and low expense. I am certainly grateful to have a job when my investment portfolio did not do well. I am holding a high amount of cash due to the uncertainty of post covid economy disaster. I will prudently add some positions with my cash pile to build up my annual dividend yield to about $65K in 2021.
Due to decreased and suspended dividend payout, my 2020 total dividend/interest received is 10% lower than 2019.
Liquid Networth distribution:
Dec 2020 dividend/interest income update:
- Dividends received in Dec2020 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1211
- Interest received in Dec2020 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1622
- Interest received in Dec2020 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $360
- Realized gain/loss : USD: 155
- Dividends received in Dec2020 from SGX:SGD$952
- Interest received in Dec2020 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $208
- SGX Realized gain/loss in Dec2020: -SGD 17,348
- Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Dec2020: -SGD $11,666
Detailed Dividend/Interest received from investment portfolio in Dec2020 :
Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2020: