Thursday, May 4, 2023

Apr2023 Finance update - Monthly Dividend/Interest received $7.5K

Apr2023 Dividend/Interest received is about SGD $7.5k. This is about 25% increase compare to Apr2022.  Portfolio YTD gain including dividend is about 8.6% and this is much better than March as stock market recovered this month.  Liquid networth also hit another record high. However, with FED hike in May, the stock market will remain volatile.

One of my largest bond holding ENBA was called and free up USD25k. I have used the available cash to increase my idap.l etf by another USD10k. I have also increased my stake in BABA and GD 270.hk. The remaining was spent on SGX counters Capitaland India, Daiwa and paid for ESR right issue. I have also subscribed another 20k of fresh fund into SSB. This bring my SSB total to $81k. With the new SSB rate coming down to below 3%, this will probably be the last purchase of SSB.

Previously, I have been sitting a huge amount of cash in a retirement account from my previous job in the US. I decided to switch majority of the cash to investment grade and treasury bonds to lock up the higher interest rate. I am assuming that the FED interest rate hike will end soon and locking into higher long term yield will provide more secure passive income. With this new investment , my cash holding will be dropping below 18% of my liquid networth but the it will boost my annual income to over 100k in the next 12 months

2017 to 2023 Monthly Dividend/Interest earned from Investment Portfolio :



Dividends received in Apr2023 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $4128
Interest received in Apr2023 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $831
Realized gain/loss in USD: $520
Dividends received in Apr2023 from SGX: SGD $613
Interest received in Apr2023 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $211
SGX Realized gain/loss SGD: Nil
Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market/retirement account + trading gain/loss generated in Apr2023 : SGD$9298
Apr2023 Dividend earned from investment account only: SGD $7331
Interest received in Apr2023 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1038

Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest in Apr2023 :


Apr2023 Liquid Net worth distribution:


Apr2023 Investment Portfolio including SSB:



No comments:

Post a Comment