Monday, February 6, 2023

Jan2023 Finance update - Monthly Dividend/Interest received $5.7k

Jan Dividend/Interest received is about SGD $5.7k. It was a great start for 2023 as my portfolio gain hit 7% YTD.  My portfolio recovered almost all the paper loss in 2022. This is probably the best January performance of my portfolio since I started investing seriously in 2016.  As a dividend investor that hold long term, I am usually not too concerned with capital gain/loss. Even without capital gain, as long as my portfolio maintain a 6%+ yield on cost dividend/interest, I know that will be my annual realized gain. My main worry only started when suddenly the portfolio unrealized loss come close to 3 years of dividend income at one point in around Oct.  I am glad that my portfolio has proven to be resilient and the recovery has been in line with the broader markets. My liquid net worth also climbed to an all time high.

Since the market has been hitting 6 months high for most stocks by end of the January, I only increased stakes in some of my laggard HKSE stocks like HKBN and AEON credit which yield slightly >8%, and LKSE stocks BATS. I bought small stakes on 2 new counters HK _Electric 2638.hk and Spore Hotel Grand . I think both are undervalued at the moment. Total amount spent is around 28k purchasing equities in January. This brings my projected 2023 investment income to above 91K SGD or 70K USD.

2017 to 2023 Monthly Dividend/Interest earned from Investment Portfolio :


Dividends received in Jan2023 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $2923

Interest received in Jan2023 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1018

Interest received in Jan2023 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $389

Realized gain/loss in USD: $0

Dividends received in Jan2023 from SGX: SGD $299.31

Interest received in Jan2023 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $215

SGX Realized gain/loss SGD: $48.23

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market/retirement account + trading gain/loss generated in Jan2023 : SGD$6195

Jan2023 Dividend earned from investment account only: SGD $5424

Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest in Jan2023:


Jan2023 Liquid Net worth distribution:



No comments:

Post a Comment