Thursday, June 4, 2020

May 2020- Monthly Finance Update-Passive income collected ~$3k (lowest in 3 years)

My dividend portfolio from REIT and O&G counters finally take a toll from dividend suspension and dividend cut. In addition, selling off some of my riskier high yield stocks and re-balancing into low yield investment grade bonds have vastly reduced my dividend return. As a result, May2020 registered the lowest dividend I have collected in the last 3 years.
I am glad that I keep on postponing my retirement till 50s+. I learned that my dividend income portfolio is no guarantee of a retirement income that can be sustained in major crisis like 2008 GFC or 2020 CV. Right now, I have transit to mainly cash and bond portfolio which have interest payment that is enough to cover my expense for a long time.If everything else fail, at least CPF payout is only 10+ years away when one retire at 50+ years old.

The only positive in May2020 is that my liquid networth has recovered another 2.5% and my current investment portfolio is sitting on -10% paper loss compare to -13% last month.



I bought about USD 8k worth of cruiseship bonds in the month of May which are 20% below par.. This investment is mainly speculative.

Dividends received in May2020 from Foreign Investment: USD $1173
Interest received in May2020 from Foreign Investment (bond): USD $252
Interest received in May2020 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $403
Realized gain/loss : USD: -$5544
Dividends received in May2020 from SGX:SGD$927
Interest received in May2020 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $244
SGX Realized gain/loss SGD: Nil
Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Apr2020 SGD -$3844
YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $25236
Dividend/Interest received from investment portfolio in May2020 :

Portfolio distribution May2020:

No comments:

Post a Comment