Thursday, September 3, 2020

Aug 2020- Monthly Passive Income update -Dividend/Interest received $4.2K(YOY drop of 35%!!)

 It's time for another monthly tally of dividend/interest received from my portfolio. In the month of Aug, my monthly passive income collected is around $4.2k. Compare to 2019 Aug, the dividend/interest collected from my stock/bond portfolio is down by around $2.2K which is a year to year 35% plunge!! This is due to dividend suspension/cut that affected almost every dividend investors.
Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2020:

We continued to see great recovery in the US market that actually hit a record high despite having the worst pandemic crisis. The recovery is not broad based as it has only benefit the tech sectors in the US. Meanwhile , most of the sectors like real estate,consumers, retail and travel etc are still performing poorly across the global markets. My reit and O&G counters continue to underperform. However, my US bonds portfolio has hit a record high as well. This has help me to reduce my paper loss to -6.95% compare to last month -8.5%.  

I have another bond being called. Due to the record high bond market, bond yield rate like our bank deposit interest has been dismally low and I could not find any bond to reinvest. I have used the extra cash from the bond call to purchase 2 dividend stocks listed on LSE instead..Keeping my finger cross that both dividends will be safe.

My liquid networth continued to increase by another 1.7% in Aug contributed by improving financial market and salary contribution. My overall dividend yield has dropped to 5.84% after accounting all the dividend cut and suspension.

Dividends received in Aug2020 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $836
Interest received in Aug2020 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1020
Interest received in Aug2020 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $391
Realized gain/loss : USD: 583
Dividends received in Aug2020 from SGX:SGD$1512
Interest received in Aug2020 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $208
SGX Realized gain/loss SGD: 0
Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Aug2020 SGD$5541
YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $39659
YTD Realized Gain/Loss : -$41868
Detailed Dividend/Interest received from investment portfolio in Aug2020 :

Liquid Networth distribution:


2 comments:

  1. HI, looking at your portfolio I realise the challenge being faced by income investors of bonds being called when the interest rates are low and trying to find alternative investment without taking on more risk. What do you feel about BPY ,BIP and related securities for income ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi , Yes, this is true especially I have 6 bonds being called so far and I could not find any suitable replacement. In the past, I was able to buy bond with no call.. However, as FED keep on lowering the interest rate and bond issuers are smart to refinance so as to lower their cost of debt.
      BPY and BIP are pretty stable with their dividend so far. However, BPY price has also take a big hit dropping >25%. I will be taking a lot more risk putting my cash into the more dividend stock/reit.. I would only select large cap with reasonable payout.

      Delete