Thursday, November 5, 2020

Oct2020- Monthly Finance update -Dividend/Interest received $5.2K

In the month of Oct, my passive income earned is steady at $5.2k. This bring my YTD dividend/interest received from my investment account to $49.5K. One of my counter Accordia was also delisted this month and I made a profit of 8.3k and a capital return of 30K. The profit from Accordia has help to cut my earlier realized loss that occur in March when I sell off some of my riskier investment to 33k . My portfolio has been in the red throughout the year but the dividend collected with realized gain from Accordia delisting, I should be able to maintain positive return for year 2020 barring anymore write off before end of the year. 

In the previous month, I received about 26k USD from the proceed of callable bonds. Of which, I recycle about 23K of my new capital into two new positions (Power Assets Holdings and Link REIT) listed on HKEX and increase my BTI stake to 500 shares. This is my first foray into HK listed stocks as they are providing attractive and safe yield compare to some REITs listed on SGX which have been cutting dividend. 

I will have another two bonds worth 10K USD that will be called next month. It is creating a headache for me as I could not find any bond to reinvest. Due to the record high bond market, bond yield rate like our bank deposit interest has been dismally low. The return from bond investment is so low that it is out weighting the risk.

Dividends received in Oct2020 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1617
Interest received in Oct2020 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1821
Interest received in Oct2020 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $408
Realized gain/loss : USD: 0
Dividends received in Oct2020 from SGX:SGD$372.55
Interest received in Oct2020 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $218
SGX Realized gain/loss: SGD 8288
Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Oct2020 SGD$14073
YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $49532
YTD Realized Gain/Loss : -$32202

 

Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2020:


 Detailed Dividend/Interest received from investment portfolio in Oct2020 :


Liquid Networth distribution: 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment