Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Apr2021 Finance update -Monthly Dividend/Interest received $5k

In the month of April, there is not much change in my dividend/interest received which hit about 5K , roughly the same as what I earned in the last 4 years. However, there is a big change in my portfolio again as one of my biggest holding BPY (a foreign REIT listed in US) will be privatized in Q3 and will stop paying dividend. I decided to sell it off as its price hit the delisting offered price. BPY is the only reit I found listed on US that has a very low WHT because it is incorporated in Bermuda. With its high yield and a strong sponsor Brookfield which is one of the largest asset management company in the world, it has been one of my favorite holding in the last few year. 

I have another SGX counter(SingRe) being privatized as well and a US Corporate bond(KW) called. I have also sold off another preferred shares after a credit downgrade even though there is no impact on its share price. With the return of capital from all these corporate actions, my cash holding increased by another 60K-80K which prompt me to look for replacement. As bond market yield remains depressed and SGX Reits are at pre-covid high, I decided to increase my HKSE dividend portfolio ( HKSE dividend portfolio ) with the new capital. I will provide an update on my HKSE dividend portfolio in the near future.

Generally, April was a good month for my finance as my investment portfolio hit a new high of > $1.2 million with a 10.56% unrealized gain of 116K. Part of the portfolio increase was due to exercising my company stock option. My liquid networth (excl properties/CPF) also continue to hit an all time high of >$1.89 millions (2.91% M2M gain) due to my portfolio gain. 

Dividends received in Apr2021 from Foreign Investment (Stocks): USD $1957.18

Interest received in Apr2021 from Foreign Investment (bonds): USD $1509.18

Interest received in Apr2021 from banks interest/FD/others in US: USD $410

Realized gain/loss : USD $2379

Dividends received in Apr2021 from SGX: SGD300

Interest received in Apr2021 from banks interest/FD/others in Spore: SGD $197

SGX Realized gain/loss: SGD1875

Total dividend and interest from my investment portfolio + bank/money market account + trading gain/loss generated in Apr2021 : SGD$ 10.6K

YTD Passive income earned from investment only: SGD $22367

Investment Portfolio Monthly Dividend/Interest earned Y-to-Y changes from 2017 to 2021:


Counters from my investment portfolio contributing to monthly Dividend/Interest  in Apr2021 :


Liquid Networth distribution: 

No comments:

Post a Comment